Savor the juiciness and flavor of a classic burger with a twist—air-frying! This cooking method locks in moisture while creating a deliciously crispy exterior. Top it off with sweet and savory caramelized onions for a mouthwatering combination. Get ready to enjoy these juicy air-fried burgers with caramelized onions that will leave you craving for more.
Juicy Air-Fried Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato slices, and condiments of choice for serving
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Be careful not to overmix, as it can make the burgers dense.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each portion into a patty, ensuring the patties are slightly larger than the size of the buns, as they will shrink during cooking.
- Place the patties in the air fryer basket, leaving space between them for proper air circulation.
- Cook the burgers in the air fryer for about 10 to 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- Ensure the internal temperature of the burgers reaches 160°F (71°C) for medium doneness.
- Once cooked, remove the burgers from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Toast the hamburger buns lightly, if desired.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a cooked patty on the bottom half of each bun.
- Add lettuce, tomato slices, and your favorite condiments on top of the patty.
- Finish off with the caramelized onions (see next section).
- Cover with the top half of the bun and secure with a toothpick, if necessary.
- Serve the juicy air-fried burgers immediately and enjoy!
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften and turn golden brown, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle the onions with brown sugar to enhance the caramelization process and add a touch of sweetness. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking the onions, stirring occasionally, until they reach a deep golden brown color and have a sweet, caramelized flavor. This process may take an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the caramelized onions from the heat and let them cool slightly.
Top your juicy air-fried burgers with a generous portion of caramelized onions for added flavor and texture. The combination of perfectly cooked burgers and sweet-savory onions creates an unbeatable taste experience. Get ready to enjoy a burger that will rival your favorite restaurant!