Indulge in a delightful treat with these homemade cinnamon sugar churros served with a rich and decadent chocolate dipping sauce. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these churros are rolled in a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture, creating a perfect balance of flavors. Dip them in the luscious chocolate sauce for an irresistible combination that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Cinnamon Sugar Churros
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine the water, butter, granulated sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the flour all at once. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand, beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep saucepan or a deep fryer to approximately 350°F (175°C).
- Transfer the churro dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe 4 to 6-inch long strips of dough into the hot oil, using kitchen scissors or a knife to cut them. Fry the churros until they are golden brown and crispy, turning them occasionally for even cooking.
- Once cooked, remove the churros from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- In a shallow dish, combine the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon for the coating. Roll each churro in the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated.
Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Microwave the mixture in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract until well combined.
- Let the chocolate dipping sauce cool slightly before serving.
Serve the freshly fried cinnamon sugar churros with the warm chocolate dipping sauce for a delightful dessert experience. Arrange the churros on a platter or in a serving basket and drizzle the chocolate sauce over them or serve it in a separate dipping bowl. These sweet and aromatic treats are best enjoyed immediately when they are still warm and crispy.